Whilst I was pregnant with Arch so many people took pleasure in telling me how my life was never going to be the same again. They told me I’d never be the same person I was before I had children but actually I’m happiest being a Mum. Yes life does change but I think every bit of it is for the better.
Almost one year on (yes he was a year on Friday!) I wanted to share with you what I wish somebody had told me before I became a Mum.
1. Birth was a pretty terrifying thought to my pregnant self but our bodies are made to do this and I got through it like every woman does across the globe. The package I received at the end was the shiniest you could ever imagine. If it was really that bad we just wouldn’t do it again.
2. Having a baby shouldn’t stop you doing anything. My motto is ‘have baby will travel’ if you stick with this from the start they will go with it.
3. Witnessing your other half become a Dad to the little person you created is beyond special. You have an unbreakable bond that takes your relationship to another level.
4. I may not go out twice a week for a drink or on a date night but cuddling up on the sofa with your love knowing your other love is fast asleep upstairs makes you feel so content.
5. My sleep is often interupted because of teething but he’s my precious baby and I want him to be Ok so it takes little effort to get up to comfort him.
6. I’ve become far more organised, I sure was hoping it would happen to me at some point! I now like everything to have its place around the house which makes life so much easier. How did I only just discover this.
7. My home will never be totally clean again but I have the rustle of a crawler and soon the pitter patter of tiny feet. My home is full of noise and alive.
8. It’s true you don’t have lots of time to sit with a coffee and read a magazine but when you do get the chance it feels wonderful. You appreciate it one hundred times more than when you could do this anytime.
9. I’ve become a kid again. Going down a slide at a park is fine because you’ve got a child on your lap. Life becomes fun again.
10. I may never walk through town without a pram as an accessory but I’ll also never need to carry my shopping ever again!
More than anything else you have a reason to be the best person you can be and a reason to be here.
Now for anyone you may know with a bump, SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!
Have a lovely weekend and thank you for reading.